A System Administrator at Cartera works to support a large, complex, high-availability site consisting of hundreds of servers, multiple operating systems and dozens of services. Day-to-day duties will cover all aspects of web, database, and application server life-cycles; from installing new hardware, software and operating systems, support of existing servers and platforms, effecting bug and security patching, performance monitoring and tuning, break/fix troubleshooting, working with vendors on locally installed and cloud systems, working with hosting vendors for co-managed and co-location hosting services, to retirement or upgrade of older hardware and platforms. Frequent interaction with end users and other non-technical staff is the norm, as is participation in long-term projects with vendors, and other internal groups.
- Senior level System Administration experience
- Proven technical leadership and leadership of org technical direction
- 8+ years of production-level Linux System Administration experience (Red Hat preferred)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with DevOps and continuous integration technologies (Chef and Puppet preferred)
- Experience with scripting and debugging in languages such as sh, bash, perl, php, ruby
- Comfort with SQL in relational databases (MySQL preferred)
- Experience in basic networking including routing, subnets, and firewalls
- Experience in storage architectures and technologies (SAN, DAS, NAS, Fiber Channel, Volume Management)
- Experience with apache, DNS, NFS, monitoring tools, and ticket tracking systems
- Experience with virtual and physical servers
- Experience with ElasticSearch and SOLR
- Must be available to work the occasional weekend and handle 24/7 pager-based oncall duties (a personal wireless access point is provided)
- Must be available to work the occasional pre-scheduled early morning release window
- Must be reliable. The Systems Administration team is responsible for real-time, customer facing production systems.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers, staff, and external contacts, and to work effectively in a professional team environment.
- Have strong problem solving, analytical and comprehensive skills.
- Understanding of backup system concepts
- Understanding of Big Data (Cassandra preferred)
- The ability to write technical documentation to be referenced by technical peers in a knowledge base.
- The ability to work in a team environment and work effectively with people with diverse technical skills.
- The ability to learn, grasp and retain a variety of procedures and information and be able to effectively apply this knowledge on a daily basis.
- Additional relevant training courses (from colleges, universities, conferences or corporate) are a plus
- Must be focused, energetic and reliable with high integrity.
- Communicate effectively in both written and oral form.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, systems engineering, or a related field.
Cartera Commerce seeks people who embrace our values of shared success, respect, impact, persistence and the ability to walk in our customer's shoes. We offer competitive compensation packages including stock options, medical and health insurance, company-paid holidays, and five weeks of paid time off per year.
At Cartera Commerce everyone is empowered and responsible for innovating, building, and producing. If this kind of high-energy environment appeals to you, send us your resume today!
Company: Cartera Commerce, Inc.
Postal Code: 02421
Job Type: Full Time
Category: Technical Operations